Using Google Trends for Business Purposes
Technologies such as search engines have changed consumer behavior especially how they access product information. For hospitality and tourism managers it is important to use these tools to understand what/how people are searching for (e.g., planning a trip to a destination) in order to gain insights into the market and to come up with effective strategies. Within this context, tools like Google Trends (https://trends.google.com/trends/) can be useful in many ways for business purposes.
For this assignment, you are expected to work to:
- Identify a real business you are interested in;
- Explain its business and competitive environment;
- Analyze its current market characteristics (e.g., likely demographics and target regions);
- Propose THREE ideas to use Google Trends for business purposes. Justify your ideas by using actual Google Trends data to show these ideas.
A few requirements for the paper:
- Use a cover page, main body (consisting of sections) and reference page to organize your paper.
- Try to limit the main body to eight pages of actual text (including tables, charts, and figures). The paper must be double-spaced and written in twelve-point type with standard margins. The page limit does not include the cover page, a reference page (if applicable), and/or any attachments you would like to include.
- You must reference all of the sources you cite in the paper. An APA guideline has been posted on the Canvas site.