Introduction and Alignment
This Working Bibliography is a critical step in the construction of your Applied HR Management Capstone Project as it directs you to information on your topic from various sources, such as the Internet, OCLS databases, interviews, and so forth.
Upon completion of this assignment, you should be able to:
- Synthesize organizational theory and best practices in management to illustrate the knowledge and skills needed to lead, plan, organize, and control people and processes.
The working bibliography is not an exhaustive search for information on your topic, only those sources in the early stages of your research that you feel might be useful in the construction of your applied hr management capstone project. It is not necessary for you to use all of the sources of your working bibliography in the final narrative of your project, nor are you limited to those sources in your working bibliography to be included in your narrative, as you will continue to conduct research throughout the six weeks of your capstone’s preparation.
Note that the working bibliography is a separate document submission and is not to be included as a component of your final document submission for the applied hr management capstone project. It is graded separately as a step in the process, as a way for you to initiate the research necessary to complete the required component sections of the applied hr management capstone project.
- Develop your “Working Bibliography” according to the information contained in the Applied HR Management Capstone Project Outline.docx, as guided by the Sample Working Bibliography.docx file.
- Each bibliography entry is to include: (a) complete APA reference; (b) block indent abstract (article or report), summarized introduction or description (book), and (c) a brief paragraph identifying how the article will support your capstone project, with varied inclusions that will be supportive of the Capstone Project, such as: direct quotes, theories, concepts or practices; a biblical reference; name and page number of a bulleted listing, table, or other illustration. See Sample Working Bibliography.docx.
- Before submitting the assignment, thoroughly edit the paper. Checkmark the instructions and the rubric for this workshop document to be sure your paper has met all requirements.
- When you have completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself and submit a copy to your instructor using the Dropbox by the end of the workshop.