1. Find and read the following cases from the Research Toolbox from your left navigation bar
City of Everett Washington v.Mitchell, 631 P.2d 366, Web 1981 Wash. Lexis 1139 Supreme Court of Washington.
Welles v. Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences, Web 2004 U.S.Dist. Lexis (2004) United States District Court for the Central District of California.
Mesaros v.United States, 845 F.2d 1576, Web 1988 U.S.App Lexis 6055, United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Check the Legal Cases tab if you have trouble findng the cases on the internet or ask our wonderful librarian to help you. See Discussion Board for how to communicate with her.
2. Answer the following questions:
- What theory does the court use to evaluate the contract?
- What is the objective theory of contracts?
- When will a court set aside a contract?
- Should an advertisement be treated as an offer rather than an invitation to make an offer? Why or why not?
3. Post your answer ander the Discussion Board forum ” Week 4: Contract Cases.”
4. Reply to at least two of your classmates.
1. Find and read the following cases from the Research Toolbox link from your left navigation bar
- Jones v. Free Flight Sport Aviation , Inc. 623 P.370, Web 1981 Colo. Lexis 571, Supreme Court of Colorado.
- Flood v. Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Co. 394 So 2d 1311; Web 1981 La App Lexis 3538 Court of Appeal of Louisiana.
2. Answer the following questions
- Should a person be allowed to disaffirm a contract he or she made as a minor after reaching the age of minority?
- What is a reasonable length of time after reaching the age of majority to permit disaffirmance?
- What ethical considerations are involved in these cases?
3. Reply to at least two of your classmates.
Part A–do parts (1) and (2).
1. Provide examples of a PATENT, TRADEMARK AND COPYRIGHT.
Post the example on the Discussion Board. You might find an example right in your home or office. Look around.
2. Give a brief summary of the facts and court’s holding in a recent case (no more than 5 years old) dealing with one of these subjects (patents, trademark and copyright) Do you agree with the court’s decision?
AND DO PART B below as well!!!
1. Post some current legal case or article or problem that is being confronted with the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (DUET). Answer as well:
Were there any objections to the Act’s passage?
What implications are there for trademarks, patents and copyrights with internet use.
Is there any protection for the patent ,trademark or copyright holder? If so, what were they?
2. Reply to at least two of your classmates.
FYI: Make sure you answer both parts A & B.