book： http://www.americanyawp.com/text/06-a-new-nation/ “（chaps 6.V to chap 9.IV. ）
short Outline essay questions.
- What were the major phases of revolution, and what increased tensions at each level?
- What were the strategic advantages and disadvantages of the Colonists in fighting with the British? What role did the French play in this?
- Once the revolution was over and the colonies became the United States, what problems were faced in terms of putting together a government? How were these overcome?
- Discuss the political, economic and social differences between Federalists and anti-Federalists. How did Jeffersonianism differ from those two? Who adhered to which party and why?
- Why did Shay’s Rebellion and the Whiskey rebellion resonate so deeply among the Americans? What were the arguments both in the individual cases, as well as the “big picture” importance?
- Explain Jefferson’s vision of America. How did the Louisiana Purchase affect that vision? What obstacles were met and how were they dealt with?