1. What type of production do China, India and other developing countries specialize in?
2. If the U.S. produced more labor intensive products, would they be more or less expensive?
3. Why do we see more innovation and development in the U.S?
1. What are the three principles that Slaughter raises?
2. According to his first principle, what key mistake are many politicians making?
3. How can we harmonize the second and third principles?
1. Why is it difficult to prove comparative advantage?
2. How many crops across how many countries did the two economists study?
3. What general conclusion was drawn from their test?
1. According to Prestowitz, what are the conventional arguments for free trade?
2. This article cites a journal study that considers different costs to trade. What are some of those
3. Why are the costs more substantial than what is normally assumed under conventional trade