What needs to be done for this assignment is that, need to have a total of 3 scholarly resources to support the professional responsibility paper and executive summary. (Also, please use some of the references that I have uploaded into files section)
This assignment will be ran through a system called, TURN IT IN to check the similarity. The similarity needs to be less than 10% total, and as well keep citations down to a minimum like 10%.
Assignment 1- Explain the Process of Individual Professional Licensure, Certification, and Liability
As a healthcare executive, you must be familiar with the rules that govern professional responsibility and liability not only for the health executive but for those healthcare professionals in your employ. Additionally, you must be aware of the potential impact that lack of compliance in these areas can have on your organization.
Select a U.S. state, the state will be, (Washington State) and one type of healthcare professional (Please choose) (e.g., medical technologist, pharmacist, physician, nurse, etc.). Research the state’s regulations and statutes for licensure, registration, credentialing, and/or certification for the chosen professional. In other words, what is required of the healthcare professional to legally practice in that state? Make sure you examine any regulations related to facility accreditation and Joint Commission requirements.
• The process the healthcare professional must follow to achieve licensure and/or certification.
• The legal and extra-legal requirements.
• The civil complaint steps consumers or patients can follow in a case of alleged incompetence or misconduct.
• The process that the state’s responsible regulatory agency(ies) follows to investigate allegations and, if necessary, implement sanctions or other disciplinary actions.
• The possible criminal liability due to incompetence, abuse, or misconduct
Additionally, you will create an executive summary with this too.
Length: a minimum of 5 pages, including your executive summary (not including title page and reference page).
References: Include a minimum of 3 scholarly resources to support the professional responsibility paper and executive summary.
Thank you very much for your help with this assignment. Very much appreicated.