This week’s required readings discuss abuse directed towards children and the elderly. In many instances, getting an accurate perception of the level of child and elder abuse in the U.S. is challenging.
Address the following in your initial post:
- What are some issues with getting accurate information on the level of child and elder abuse?
- Describe characteristics that make a child or senior adult more likely to be a victim of abuse, neglect, or maltreatment.
- In your opinion, what can be done to decrease the likelihood that vulnerable children and senior adults will fall victim to abuse?
- Explain the effectiveness of the criminal justice system’s response to child and elder abuse.
- Discuss elements that could be developed to create a holistic plan for restitution for these victims.
Your initial post must contain approximately 400 words and reference at least two scholarly sources in proper APA format.