As a professional in the field of child development, you must stay current with the latest research and practices.
Initial Post – For this discussion, visit the Ashford University Library (Links to an external site.) to locate an article that was published within the last 10 years on an area of child development that you find interesting and meaningful to your professional career. Some examples might include:
- Brain based research
- School readiness
- The role of technology on development
- Diverse family structures impact on development
- Access to health care
- Nutrition and wellness
After finding an appropriate scholarly resource, review and include the following in your discussion:
- Summarize the article in your own words.
- Explain how this article relates to other discussions or content you have learned in this course (ex: ages and stages, developmental milestones/domains/parenting styles).
- Discuss how you might use this knowledge in your future professional role.
- Be sure to provide an APA 6th edition citation (Links to an external site.) within your discussion, so your peers can read your article.