“the degree to which health services for individuals and populations increase the likelihood of desired health outcomes and are consistent with current professional knowledge.” Quality is often measured through data and quantitative methods. Health care delivery methodologies are embedded in elements of quality management. As a health care professional, one of your numerous responsibilities will be to uphold a high standard of quality within your organization or department.
Lohr, K. N., & Schroeder, S. A. (1990). A strategy for quality assurance in Medicare. New England Journal of Medicine, 322(10), 707. Available in the Trident Online Library.
For this assignment, you will create a five-question quantitative survey and survey 5-8 people anonymously. Your questions should be created based on the five medical home functions and attributes presented in the Module 3 Background. In addition, the survey questions should be indirectly or directly related to quality. See below for an example question:
Patient-Centered Care is defined as the care that is respectful of, and responsive to, individual patient preferences, needs and values, and ensuring that patient values guide all clinical decisions. Based on this definition, of your four most recent visits to a health care organization/facility, how many were patient-centered?
- Not able to identify
(Note: If you use the example question as a survey question in your survey, you must have a total of 6 questions, instead of 5.)
Use Survey Monkey (https://www.surveymonkey.com/), the complimentary service, to assist with building your survey and sending out your survey electronically (web address link). Once you have your results from your quantitative survey, complete the following in a 3- to 4-page paper:
- Provide the five questions you created.
- Evaluate data using the quantitative methods and summarize the survey data (provide assumptions to the responses you receive).
- Supply a summary of how the information could be useful for a health care organization or department.
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support the creation of your questions and evaluation.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 4 pages.
- Include an introduction and conclusion in your paper.
- Support your case with peer-reviewed articles, using at least 2-3 references