Compensation Plan Outline THIS IS PART TWO… THE FIRST ONE I RECEIVED A C- ON PROFESSOR MARKINS AND I HAVE ATTACHED THE FIRST ONE YOU WORKED ON BELOW IN CASE YOU NO LONGER HAVE IT
Using the same company you researched in the first assignment-SOUTHWEST AIRLINES , evaluate the company’s compensation plan to determine how it could be improved.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Evaluate the existing compensation plan to determine if it is the most appropriate for your company. Explain your rationale.
- Determine the most beneficial ratio of internally consistent and market consistent compensations systems for the company you selected.
- Evaluate the current pay structure used by your company and assess the recognition of employee contributions.
- Make two (2) recommendations for improving the effectiveness of the discretionary benefits provided by the company you selected.
- Evaluate the types of employer-sponsored retirement plans and health insurance programs provided by the company you selected and compare them to that company’s major competitors.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
NOTES FROM MY PROFESSOR:
- Analysis – Full analysis goes beyond just defining the concepts. Analysis is applying the concept to demonstrate your understanding of the topic. A good way to do this is with examples. Make sure you fully understand the question being asked and hit each point. When a question asks for rationale, this means you need to explain why you are making the statements in your answer. Also, remember that if a question asks about A, B, and C, you have to address all three, not just one (as described in a previous announcement).
- Assignment Questions – You need to include the full assignment question followed by a line space. This has two purposes. First, it helps you focus on the question components as you answer it, thereby improving the clarity of the answer. Second, it helps me when grading the papers. When I grade written assignments, I put the rubric on one side of my screen and your paper on the other side of the screen. I then go question by question and grade each one according to the criteria in the rubric.
- Sources – It is important at this level to be using high quality sources for research. Doing web searches and using whatever site pops up in the search is not a good practice and is not using high-quality sources. This doesn’t mean that you can’t do a web search, it just means that you should know from where you obtain information (use discretion). Using information from an essay that was uploaded to a website by a student is not proper research!
AS ALWAYS THANK YOU AND I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP