Conflict Brief 3 Instructions
THE CHALLENGE: How would you advance the study and practice of conflict management?
THE AUDIENCE: Global thought-leaders on peace-keeping and conflict resolution. *Prepare your brief with this audience in mind.
THE BRIEF: Using the content found in the message “Learn How To Resolve Conflict & Restore Relationships” from Pastor Rick Warren and the readings from the previous week, propose a fresh theoretical perspective on conflict management that applies Bible truth in a way that works in the world. There are two parts to this brief. The final document should be 750 words (3 pages, not including a cover and reference page).
PART I: The Perspective (250 words)
- Name your theory.
- Provide a unique, working definition of it.
- Identify and define 3 key tenets or supporting points for understanding how this perspective works in the world. These should be easy to understand in light of the definition.
- State each tenet clearly.
- Provide unique scriptural support for each one.
- Translate the scripture into a statement that a non-believer can understand.
Part II: The Rationale (500 words)
Provide a brief rationale for your theory, explaining why it’s important to the study of conflict management.
Current APA Style is required. A total of 5 different sources should be cited and referenced in the brief:
- the course text
- the message
- two relevant scholarly journal articles published in the last three years
- the Bible.
Be sure to properly support your work with in-text citations.
SPECIAL NOTE: Use of first person is NOT permitted in this assignment.