You are an executive at the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). A large national corporate software company has decided to open a manufacturing facility in China. They have conducted preliminary research and realize they have many issues related to managing human resources in the international realm, and, thus, they have decided to hire SHRM to put together a training session for their human resource team.
Your assignment is to create a slide presentation to help educate the firm’s human resource professionals on how best to perform their duties as human resource managers in another country. In that capacity, address the following questions in the slide presentation and remember to put the discussion in context so that it relates to the software company described above.
- Detail how managing a national/ domestic corporation differs from managing an international business, including:
- the structural differences between domestic and foreign corporations
- the role/impact that culture plays in managing human resources internationally versus domestically.
- Clearly state the challenges that arise when managing human resources internationally, along with the opportunities that may arise.
- Present the different skills and knowledge bases that are needed for those managing human resources internationally versus domestically.
- Finally, select two to three tools or strategies that you learned in this class (e.g., compensation, evaluations, etc.) that will assist you in better managing human resources in the international arena, and specifically how those tools can allow a human resource professional to better perform their responsibilities.
Your presentation must meet the following requirements:
- Be 14-18 slides in length, not including the required cover slide and reference slides. You may use PowerPoint or an online tool.
- Include at least three to four sentences of speaker’s notes per slide. For PowerPoint, these sentences can be in the notes section. For other presentation programs, they must be submitted separately in a Word document (see above).
- You need to include at least five outside sources in your presentation which should be from peer-reviewed or scholarly sources.
- Your paper must be formatted according to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.