Locate and critically analyse an article from an Economics/International Business/Managemet/HR journal in light of the theories studied throughout the unit.
Article can be based on some of these theories:
Globalisation and International Business
Culture and International Business
Political and Legal Environments
It International Trade Theory
Foreign Market Penetration and Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)
The Global Monetary System
The Strategy of International Business
Global Human Resource Management
Ethics in International Business You will find such articles in daily newspapers as well as in more dedicated economic/business journals such as The Economist magazine.
Please Note – your business article must have been published within the last six months.Also Please clearly state the article name and aurthor.
The article analysis is comprised of a written paper of no more than 1500 words. In preparing your business article critique you should:
1. Provide a brief discussion of the article and point out the three most important issues contained within the article. Do not simply summarise.
2. Point out the underlying theoretical concepts which are relevant to the article
3. Point out the related policy issues (e.g. what government policy is or should be) and debate
4. Provide a critique if the article contains discrepancies/ ignores important policy problems or issues, or is inconsistent with economic or other theories studied in this unit.
5. The article should be properly referenced at the end of the paper and include a copy of or a link to the article.
-High level of ability to conceptualise essential ideas and relate theory to practice.