Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Additional Information: SaharaOasis will have to hire union members for its U.S. warehouse positions. It is a stipulation in their collective bargaining agreement that if the organization expands its operations, the union will represent the warehouse workers. However, one of its U.S. locations is a “right-to-work” state.
Using Bloomberg Businessweek B-School Connection resources, research right-to-work laws, and respond to the following questions:
- Briefly discuss the law that allows for right-to-work states to exist and why it was implemented.
- What does this mean for employees, and how does this differ from the union situation in non-right to work states?
- What does this mean for management and the organization in general?
- What advantages and disadvantages might there be for management and the organization?
Provide a reference list at the end of your primary task response of at least 5 Bloomberg Businessweek B-School Connection articles, and include in-text citations for the articles in APA format.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
List at least 1 Bloomberg Businessweek B-School Connection article at the end of both of your 2 student responses, and include in-text citations for the articles in APA format.
Primary Task: 400–600 words, 5 Bloomberg Businessweek B-School Connection articles
Secondary Task: 2 100-word replies, 2 Bloomberg Businessweek B-School Connection articles
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.