You are a crime scene investigator asked to provide an article to the honor students of Lincoln High School. The students learned about serology and DNA and would like to learn about the application of DNA in criminal investigations.
Write a research paper of 3-5 pages providing the following information:
- Definition of DNA
- Explanation of the sources for DNA
- Where to find DNA at a crime scene
- How to collect DNA evidence
- Definition of a buccal swab
- Brief explanation of the different methods of developing a DNA profile.
You should present a minimum of 3 to 4 peer reviewed resources for your research. Please include a title and references page in addition to the 3-5 required pages.