You are to type a 1500+ word persuasive essay in MLA format. Also provide a detailed outline of the essay that includes a thesis statement and a 75 word summary of the essay. Cite at least 5 sources and be sure to paraphrase and make proper citations. The topic to write about is “Should college athletes be paid for playing”. The topic is a social issue, so take a position (against it). Explain why college athletes should not be paid. Argumentation: Convince your reader of your opinion. Follow the guidelines and the instructions correctly. I have attached a powerpoint and a few other attachments to help you write the essay.
PERSUASIVE TOPICS AND PROMPTS
- Persuasive Topics and Prompts.docx (21.885 KB)
Attached are topics and prompts to spur your thinking about suitable persuasion/research topics.
- Persuasive_Writing_1.ppt (1.159 MB)
Persuasion PowerPoint. Please Review.
- Also, create a 75 word summary of the essay. Thank you.
- In the summary and the outline, Include a new thesis statement. The Thesis Statement should be one sentence that has the subject, the opinion of the writer and 3 bases of persuasion that goes together for each subject.
- Don’t put things like “This paper will explain to you…”. It makes it sound like a robot typed the paper.
- Put a few in text citations and paraphrases in the essay as well please. With names and page numbers. Because my professor likes to read the articles that we use for references to see if we plagiarized.
- Look at slides 22-25 on the powerpoint attachment to help you.
With the essay, i need you to type up a point-by-point outline, and in the outline you must have 3 bases for persuasion and 3 bases for debate. I attached images of an example outline. Be sure to look at them for further help.