Understanding the complex processes by which a policy is developed and implemented will help you become familiar with identifying factors that influence policy decisions. In this assignment, you will explore strategies for early stage breast cancer prevention.
Assume you are a health policy adviser and write a 5-7 page policy brief covering the following:
- Summarize the health problem, new findings on breast cancer prevention, and the consequences of not addressing this problem.
- Briefly discuss the social, political, and economic implications of breast cancer prevention.
- Summarize the current legislation at the state (Oklahoma) and federal level that addresses breast cancer prevention and the shortcomings of each.
- Make 3-4 recommendations on what should be done in response to the issues identified.
Use the Internet to develop your policy brief.
- Submit your response in a Microsoft Word document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
- On a separate page, cite all sources using the APA format.