White supremacist Daniel Malan (a fictional character) argues that the white race is vastly superior to all other races. As evidence, he points out that the black community has a consistently higher rate of heart disease than the white community.
In this paper, you must argue against this clearly racist claim. In doing so, you must fulfill six requirements:
- Formulate a thesis statement that tactfully expresses your disagreement with Malan’s argument.
- Characterize Malan’s argument as charitably as possible. In other words, make his argument as strong or convincing as possible. This should be done in the first half of your paper.
- Provide a well-reasoned criticism of the charitably rendered argument that you developed in part (ii). This should take up the rest of the paper.
- Use the film District 9as an illustrative example in either part (ii) or part (iii) of your essay.
- Use at least, Robin O. Andreasen’s “The Concept of Race in Medicine” when reformulating Malan’s argument and criticizing it.
- 1000-word minimum 1200 max; 12pt font; double spacing. Cite all sources.