– Demonstrate an adequate critical knowledge and understanding of challenges and opportunities in promoting organisational creativity and innovation.
–Synthesise adequate alternative perspectives of influential contemporary theorists, contributors and models.
–Demonstrate adequate knowledge, skills, abilities and approaches necessary to effectively orchestrate organisational systems to promote and sustain creativity, innovation and manage change.
–Synthesise adequate capability across multiple levels to add value and optimise creativity, innovation and organisational performance.
In this unit we consider many alternative approaches and perspectives on how organisational creativity and innovation might be promoted or blocked in practice across multiple levels: individual, group and organisation.Assignment 1 is specifically concerned with promoting individual creativity as it contributes to the innovation process and is, therefore, at the individual/group level of analysis with a focus on creative thinking.
1. You are required to critically evaluate individual creativity in the context of your workplace, firstly through the identification of individual blocks that inhibit the process, and secondly you will need to consider which of the alternative approaches is most relevant in this context as an intervention designed to promote individual creativity and innovation.
2. You will then need to demonstrate a systematic understanding and critical appreciation of the process of creativity and innovation drawing on contemporary theories to support your evaluation and synthesis.
3. You will develop a plan to promote individual creative thinking in your work organisation with a view to enhancing innovation. You will need to include an in-depth literature review critically evaluating alternative contemporary perspectives in order to draw meaningful conclusions and develop feasible recommendations.
4. You will present your analysis and plan in report format of approximately 1500 words excluding references and appendices.Concise report writing is an important business skill.You will need to do the analysis in the context of your organisation before you start to write the report.
5. In the unlikely event that your work organisation prevents adequate analysis, the UK Tutor can agree an alternative.
*** Word count: 1500 words
*** In-Text Citation and References using Harvard style
*** My work place is: Ibri College of technology located in Sultanate of Oman (www.ibrict.edu.om)
*** I have uploaded the Assignment Evaluation Criteria attachment for your clear understanding