You are the Senior Business Systems Analyst (BSA) charged with analyzing CWI’s mail delivery problem and proposing a solution to address the issue. You have worked hard these past six weeks on elicitation, requirements gathering, modeling, analysis, and Agile techniques. Now, it is time to present your findings and propose a solution to help solve the issue. Your proposal takes two separate forms. The first part is a five –to 10-minute video presentation to executive and senior management, the second part is an eight- to 10-page summary paper that provides the primary findings and the details of your proposal.
Cool Widgets, Inc. Solution Proposal Audio Presentation
Your presentation must include eight to 10 narrated slides to executive board or senior management. In your presentation,
- Explain how you formulated the business system requirements based on information elicited from users and stakeholders.
- Identify the primary user requirements that were identified using context and the scope of work concept from the text.
- Identify your choice of the model used for describing business problem.
- Discuss the business system requirements for addressing the problem and include the elicitation techniques you used in the requirements gathering process.
- Explain the primary functional differences between the current state and future state using effective communication appropriate to the stakeholder audience.
- Identify diagrams for current and future states.
- Explain the solution recommendations using effective communication appropriate to your stakeholder audience.
- Discuss the solution and how it addresses the business problem and user pain points.
Submit your narrated slide deck to Waypoint for grading.
Your Cool Widgets, Inc. Proposal Paper is a summary of the primary findings and the methods used to design the proposed solution.
In your paper,
- Explain how you evaluated the requirements for developing the solution to address CWI’s business problem.
- Identify examples of the techniques and/or models from your individual and group work.
- Explain how you integrated system and user requirements to develop the solution for CWI’s future system state from their current state.
- Attach the diagrams for CWI’s current and future states in the Appendix.
- Explain how Agile methods were evaluated and applied to developing the business solution for CWI.
- Discuss an example where you applied an Agile technique to create the solution developed for the CWI Business Scenario.
- Explain how you used effective communication with various stakeholders throughout the CWI project.
The Cool Widgets, Inc. Solution Proposal Summary Paper
- Must be a minimum of eight to 10 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the BABOK® guide located in your online classroom and the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include an Appendix with the diagrams and/or examples for each section.
Submit your Final Project (both the paper and your narrated slide deck) to Waypoint for grading.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.