Informative Speech-Topic: Halloween
*You must refer to at least three (3) sources and incorporate at least one quote, one statistic, and one specific example*
- These are your time restrictions:
- Minimum time is 4 minutes.
- Maximum time is 7 minutes.
Informative Speech Checklist
Ask yourself the following questions as you are preparing your Informative Speech:
- Are all of my claims supported by evidence?
- Do I use sufficient evidence to convince my audience of my claims?
- Is my evidence stated in specific rather than general terms?
- Do I use evidence that is new to my audience?
- Is my evidence from credible, unbiased sources?
- Do I identify the sources of my evidence?
- Is my evidence clearly linked to each point that it is meant to prove?
- Do I provide evidence to answer possible objections the audience may have to my position?
- Have I used a variety of supporting material, including statistics, quotations, and examples?