According to the American Judicature Society (AJS), judicial independence is the idea that judges should operate independently of outside influences and be able to render a fair and impartial decision.
Peter Rose, a California bee keeper, was unemployed at the time he was convicted of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl. His conviction was vacated by deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) testing after he spent 10 years in prison.
*THE PETER ROSE CASE INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND ON THIS WEBSITE : http://truthinjustice.org/peter-rose.htm*
Sean Bell was an unarmed black man shot 50 times by New York City police officers on November 25, 2006.
*Visit the following websites to learn more about the case*:https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB1000142405274870397…
* THE OFFICERS ACQUITTED IN THE CASE : https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?stor…
On February 28, 1979, Stanley Williams murdered Albert Lewis Owens during a robbery of a 7-Eleven convenience store in Whittier, California.
*For details about the case, visit the following Website: https://www.thoughtco.com/the-crimes-of-stanley-to…
*ALL OF THE WEBSITES SHOULD BE USED IN THE REFERENCE SECTION AND THROUGHOUT THE POWERPOINT*
Read the cases provided above and prepare a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation that addresses the following issues:
- Analyzes and explains the facts in the Rose case.
- Describes the causes of wrongful conviction in the Rose case.
- Analyzes and explains the facts of the Williams case.
- Compares the treatment of Rose and Williams by the criminal justice system.
- Analyzes and describes the specific instances of discrimination in the Williams case.
- Analyzes and describes the facts in the Bell case.
- Applies theoretical perspectives of crime to the actions of the officers in the Bell case.
- Discusses the current state of minorities in America.
Add additional content in the Notes section.
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.