- “Orwell feared that the truth would be concealed from us.”
- “Huxley feared that the truth would be drowned out in a sea of irrelevance.” “A populace deprived of the ability to separate lies from truth, that has become hostage to the fictional semblance of reality put forth by pseudo-events, is no longer capable of sustaining a free society.”
- Provide a current example that supports ONE of these statements.
- Write a paragraph (125-150 words) analyzing this example based on what your learned in the first chapter: “The Illusion of Literacy”.
- In order to receive full-credit, you will also reply to one of your classmate’s posts with your understanding of how his/her example supports one of the three statements above.
Please read the chapter 1.