DO NOT CHANGE THE TIME FRAME…AS THIS ASSIGNMENT IS DUE AT A LATER DATE. 🙂
Prepare a 1500-2000 word (6-8 pages) report on a country’s culture (which you are not from) or a 1500-2000 word (6-8 pages) report on a culturally distinct subgroup within the larger society in your country or American culture. Your task is to introduce us to their culture, what we need to know to effectively work with people from the country, and how we can manage such diversity in the workplace. Your report should include elements important for employing people from the country you selected.
Make sure to use a minimum of five resources that include:
- Authoritative reference materials
- Data-based articles or books
- Resources written by a member of the relevant population (country, group, or company)
- If possible interview a member of the relevant population
Consider addressing some of the following questions in preparing your report:
- What are common experiences people from this country have when working with Americans or people from your country?
- How do Americans or people from your country commonly experience people from this country?
- What are some of the common negative or positive stereotypes associated with the people from this country?
- What are some common stereotypes people from this country have about other majority culture?
- Who holds these stereotypes and how does it impact organizational behavior?
- How does their culture impact the workplace? For instance consider communication style, language, food, clothing, cultural practices, work style, etc.
- How do people from this country commonly experience Americans or people from your country?
- What are some of the ways that the culture from your country creates a conflict in the workplace and how can it be better managed?
Choose from the following list of countries:
- United States
- You may choose other countries but please e-mail the instructor for permission.
You will also be required to submit your paper to TURNITIN (Links to an external site.) before turning it into the instructor. TURNITIN (Links to an external site.) is a program that analyzes content of papers for originality and property citing of sources. It is used in this course primarily to help you identify any problems of excessive or uncited material from other sources.