- Read Chapter 3 in The Well-Managed Healthcare Organization.
- Read Chapter 9 in The Well-Managed Healthcare Organization.
- Write a three page paper, not including the title page and the reference page, answering the following questions:
- If you joined the management team of an HCO, how would you evaluate the HCO’s operating system?
- What are the measures that show the operating system is effective?
- How would you identify opportunities for improvement (OFIs) in the operating systems? How would these OFI’s be appropriately operationalized?
- In the paper, be sure to:
- Apply Exhibit 3.3: Elements of the Epidemiologic Planning Model, Exhibit 3.5: Organization Structures for Hospitals and Healthcare Systems, Exhibit 3.6: Mercy Health System’s Annual Planning Calendar, and Exhibit 3.8: Performance Measures for Infrastructure Functions.
- Apply biblical principles where appropriate.
- Defend your position, citing any research and/or evidence to support your arguments.
- Your paper should include at least three citations from the textbook, articles, or other credible sources. Your citations must be in proper APA format.
NOTE: Please read instructions carefully. I currently don’t have this book.