The main idea of this assignment is to prove that I read the reading assignments
Please make sure to follow the direction 100% especially the citation in text and quotation
- Read from textbook chapter 4 Argument Tools for Conceptual Distinctions
- Read Language and Logic & Definition and Meaning
Please choose one of the following topics to discuss in your essay. Make sure explain the essentials of the topic and discuss how it can be used in reason and argument.
- Knowledge by acquaintance/description
- Make sure you clearly identify where the in the assigned readings (with citation information in parentheses) the topic is discussed.
- Explain completely what the readings say about the topic. Include a full quote (sentence) from the textbook explaining the point.
- Then, explain WHY you think the point is important and how it helps you better understand what critical thinking entails.
- Finally, give a “real world” example of how you could use the point (concept) to better evaluate arguments and/or develop arguments.
- NOTE these requirements:
- The first paragraph of your essay should discuss ONE important topic chosen from the discussion prompt.Make sure you clearly identify where the in the assigned readings (with citation information in parentheses) the topic is discussed.
- The first paragraph of your essay must include a full quote (typed sentence) from the Module assigned readings.
- The first paragraph of your essay must clearly explain the meaning of topic chosen and discusses its importance for argument and reason.
- Finally, make sure you end the first paragraph by explaining WHY you think the topic is important and how it helps you better understand what critical thinking entails.
- The second paragraph of your essay should demonstrate that you understand the “real world” application of the topic you have discussed.Give a “real world” example of how you could use the topic (concept) to better evaluate arguments and/or develop arguments.
- Your essay must be at least 300 words.
- MLA citations are required at the end of the Essay for all sources used or quoted.
Please check the Grading Rubrics
Note that your example must be concrete (and not theoretical) and specify a specific situation, example, case study, etc. that has actually or does actually occur in the “real” world in your own personal and/or professional life.
DO NOT use academic examples or examples that are theoretical.Your example must be practical and part of your normal day to day life.
DO NOT use examples found on Logic websites!Again, your example must be practical and part of your normal day to day life.