follow two parts in this assignment, one is a short essay, just personal opinions. and the second is just a recomendation, so no more than 2 paragraphs.
1) In 300-500 words share whether or not you believe film has the potential to transform one’s political sensibilities.And if you believe that your personal sensibilities have been (re)shaped or transformed by a particular film, say so.The objective here is to share your thoughts pertaining to the major thesis presented in Democracy and Difference.
2) Identify two films not presented in class that you believe have the potential to transform one’s political sensibilities pertaining to deep differences. In addition to your recommendations, be sure to give a full citation and a short abstract for each of the two films you suggest.
Films presented in the class:
1. Do the Right Thing, directed by Spike Lee
2. Blackkklansman, directed by Spike Lee
3. Smoke Signals, directed by Chris Eyre
4.My Own Private Idaho directed by Gus Van Sant
5. Boys Don’t Cry directed by Kimberly Pierce
6. Moonlight directed by Barry Jenkins
7. MILK, directed by Gus Van Sant and starring Sean Penn
8. The Brandon Teena Story directed by Susan Muska and Greta Olafsdottir
9. Boys Don’t Cry (1998) directed by Kimberly Pierce