This assignment consists of two (2) sections:
- MS Project Exercise
- A Project Management Process – Initiation Paper
Use the sample project as the subject
You must submit both sections as separate files upon the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment for which it is written. Additionally, you may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Section 1: MS Project Exercise
1. Develop a multilevel work breakdown structure (WBS) and create a detailed project schedule in MS Project for the project you identified. Note: The project must consist of at least twenty-five (25) tasks. Each task must have a start date, a finish date, assigned main staffing and non-staffing resources.
Section 2: Project Management Process − Initiation Paper
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
2. Define the scope of the project in which you include the project goals and objectives, deliverables, tasks, costs, deadlines, and expected main staffing and non-staffing resources needed.
3. Determine the phase of your project which will present the greatest challenge. Next, provide one (1) strategy that you would use in order to address the challenge in question. Provide a rationale to support your response.
Your assignment must follow these formatting guidelines:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the functions of project management.
- Analyze project management processes for scheduling and sequencing work components.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in project estimating and budgeting.
- Write clearly and concisely about project estimating and budgeting using proper writing mechanics
- Make sure that the project includes at least 25+ tasks and meets the guidelines noted for the Assignment.