Often, I/O Psychologists are brought into an organization to interpret performance data. Frequently, Management Teams will consult an I/O Psychologist if the team members do not have the expertise to understand the data collected, if there is a disagreement about the meaning of the data, or if the team is unclear how to move from data to action steps. In the case of ProExpress™, in which you will be involved for this Assignment, all three of these factors appear to apply.
Second, review in detail the Unit 7 Customer Satisfaction Report.
For your Assignment, you will write a 4–5 page paper, in which you use the Unit 7 Readings (see below), plus any other materials read previously in this course which you believe may apply to this case, to address the following questions:
- Explore the data. List the problems that you see from your analysis of the Ns, means, and standard deviations given. Is there a problem in Region 3, as Shemaiah Jackson thinks? If so, what is the problem that you believe the data conveys? In your opinion, does the problem appear to affect both the Delivery Process and the Phone-Based Representatives, or just the latter? If the problem likely to be at the team level or the individual level? Why or why not?
- What additional data or assessments would you like to perform to better understand the problem(s) you have identified? Explain why you would want these additional data or assessments — what questions will they help you to answer, and what possibilities will they help you to rule out or rule in?
- For each problem you have identified, explain possible reasons why this problem may be occurring — you can theorize here. Also explain possible solutions to the problem(s) based on what you believe may be happening. Solutions can be at the individual level, the team level, or the organization level.
- What will you say to the Management Team to help them understand the meaning and implications of the variation in their customer satisfaction data? For example, do you see a more serious problem on the horizon, and if so, why? How will you handle the possibility that the problem may exist in just one Region, and thus points to just one Regional Director? What recommendations will you make to the Management Team?
The Assignment should:
- Follow Assignment directions (review grading rubric for best results)
- Use correct APA formatting per the APA Publication Manual, 6th Edition
- Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English
- Be written in Standard American English and be clear, specific, and error-free. If needed, be sure to use the Writing Center for help
- Be a minimum of 4 pages (not including Title Page and References Page)
- Include references from :
- Lowman, R. L. (2002). Handbook of Organizational Consulting Psychology. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Text Reading and other reading material
- Chapter 26: “Interventions that Work (and Some that Don’t): An Executive Summary of the Organizational Change Literature”
- Chapter 27: “Assessing the Impact of Organizational Consulting”
- Chapter 28: “Understanding Organizational Processes and Performance: A Continuous Improvement Model for Consulting Psychologists”
- Chapter 29: “A Strategic Approach to Measuring Organizational Performance: Tools for the Consulting Psychologist”
You will also need to read the following two articles, found in the Library. Please note that these articles are translated from another language, so the English is a little odd at times. But the content is a concise summary of the Six Sigma program, which you need to know something about to gain credibility when working in the field of I/O Psychology
Crisan, E., Ilies, L, & Ioana, M. (2010). Six Sigma: A metric, a methodology, and a management system. Annals of the University of Oradea, Economic Science Series, 19(1), 651–656.
Ionut, D., Marcel, D., & Monica, B. (2011). The Six Sigma system in relation to the business’ strategy and priorities. Annals of the University of Oradea, Economic Science Series, 20(2), 236–242.