Module 4 Assignment 1: Pseudocode & Python with Variable Scope
Module 4 Assignment 1 features the design of a calculator program using pseudocode and a Python program that uses a list and functions with variable scope to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Open the M4Lab1ii.py program in IDLE and save it as M4Lab1ii.py with your initials instead of ii.
Each lab asks you to write pseudocode that plans the program’s logic before you write the program in Python and to turn in three things: 1) the pseudocode, 2) a screenshot of the output, and 3) the Python program.
Write pseudocode for a Python program that 1) defines a list to store the choice of +, -, *, and /, 2) defines functions to support the calculations, and 3) calls them in response to user inputs. Test each of the four calculations, and turn in the pseudocode, the Python program, and a screenshot of your output displaying the four tests in the Python shell.
Requirements for Your M4 Assignment 1 Pseudocode & Python with Variable Scope
Complete a program in pseudocode and Python that performs the following tasks.
- Open the file called M4Lab1ii.py linked below these instructions in your M4 Content module in IDLE.
- Save as M4Lab1ii.py. Replace ii with your initials. [example for someone with the initials cc: M4Lab1cc.py]
- Complete Steps 1-7 as requested within the code’s comments.
- Run your program and test all four calculations, then exit the program.
- Save your program as M4Lab1ii.py using your initials.
- Take a screenshot of your program’s output from the Python shell.
- Save your pseudocode as M4Lab1ii.docx. Replace ii with your initials.
- Insert a screenshot of your program output in the pseudocode’s Word file.
How to Complete Your M4 Assignment 1 Pseudocode & Python with Variable Scope
- Write your pseudocode and save it as M4Lab1ii.docx. Replace ii with your initials.
- Write your program and save it as M4Lab1ii.py. Replace ii with your initials.
- Take a screenshot of your program’s output and Insert it in M4Lab1ii.docx
- Upload both M4 Lab documents (Word and Python) to M4 Assignment 1 Pseudocode & Python with Variable Scope Assignment Submission Folder. .
See the Schedule in the Syllabus Module for due dates. Review the Rubric attached to the Assignment Submission Folder for grading information.