Imagine that you are currently working in your field of study, in your dream job. You enjoy your work and you are recognized as being a dependable employee who is a self-starter and a problem solver.
Imagine that you have recently noticed a problem on the job. You may have noticed that a lot of your fellow officers are suffering from stress if you are in law enforcement, or you may have noticed that a lot of your fellow teachers do not return after their first year, or you may have noticed that a lot of your fellow employees are frequently absent.
Demonstrate your problem-solving skills by offering your supervisors a solution to the problem you have identified. Write a 3–4 paragraph (1-1 and ½ pages, single spaced) memorandum to the decision makers in your organization, making sure you do the following.
- Demonstrate to the particular audience why this specific problem is something that they need to address
- Present a reasonable solution (one solution, not a series of recommendations for what they might do) to this problem, explaining why you think the solution would work for this particular organization
- Incorporate paraphrased information from one relevant and reliable secondary source that either helps you show the seriousness of the problem or that helps support your suggested solution.
- Cite the source you use, both in text and in an appropriately APA formatted Reference page.
- Organize your ideas logically and demonstrate appropriate paragraphing
- Use language appropriate to your audience and to the writing situation
- Edit your document to avoid distracting grammar and punctuation errors
Minimum Submission Requirements
- 3-4 paragraphs (1–1 and ½ pages single spaced)
- Memorandum format written to a specific organization
- Problem identified and one solution addressed
- Source cited in-text and in References page, in 6th edition APA format