The Franchise Contract
Some of your favorite fast food restaurants are franchises—McDonalds, Dunkin’ Donuts, and many others. For this assignment, you will consider the nature of franchises and the rights and obligations of franchisors and franchisees.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 2: Recognize the various forms, requirements, and limitations of business organizations.
- Identify the party in a franchise relationship who typically determines the territory served by a franchisee.
- Explain the applicability of relevant legal principles in a franchise relationship.
- Competency 6: Communicate professionally, according to the expectations of the field of accounting.
- Express main points, arguments, concepts, and information coherently and logically.
Analyze Business Case 36-5, “The Franchise Contract,” located on page 718 of your textbook. Prepare a professional-caliber brief on the case, based on the information provided.
- State the facts of the case and the key issues.
- Cite the code or statute provisions applicable to the case.
- Identify who typically determines the territory served by a franchise, and explain your reasoning.
- Determine the legal principles presented in this case, and explain how they apply.
- Express your main points, arguments, concepts, and information coherently and logically.
- Cover page: Include your name, the assignment number, and the assignment or case title.
- Length: 1–2 double-spaced pages, not including the cover page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
- APA formatting: Format resources and citations according to current APA guidelines.