Research topic and instructions
In this research you will identify 4-5 U.S. cities that have rent control (price ceiling). Discuss the specific policy each city has in place, the purpose of the policy, and for how long it has been in effect.
Analyze the effects of each policy. Use the demand and supply model to illustrate your analysis. The graphs must be your own creation. Don’t copy and paste from external sources.
Do you support or oppose the price control policy implemented by each city? Defend your position based on the analysis your performed earlier and the relevant economic theory discussed in the course.
- Paper must be 850 – 1000 words long, typewritten, double-spaced, with 1” margins and 12pt. Times New Roman font. The paper must be written in essay format, using standard written English with a clear introduction and conclusion.
- You must use at least 4 credible sources to support your ideas (avoid sites such as Wikipedia, Investopedia, EHow, yahoo answers, etc. You can contact me or a librarian if you are not sure about the credibility a source)
- You must use APA-formatted in-text citations (It is important that you identify all items directly copied or paraphrased from other sources. Read DCCCD’s policy on plagiarism)
- You must include a reference/works cited page
- This is a research paper
- limit personal opinions on the issues except when asked
- Do not copy and paste basic definitions of concepts and descriptions of theories from the textbook or other sources– show the applications of these concepts in the real world by focusing on items listed in the instruction
- The major portion of the paper needs to be written in your own words
- Submit your response as an MS-Word file via Blackboard by the due dat