Assume that the low-calorie frozen, microwavable food company from Assignments 1 and 2 wants to expand, and has to make some long-term capital budgeting decisions. The company is currently facing increases in the costs of major ingredients.
Use the Internet databases to research government policies and regulation.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Outline a plan that managers in the low-calorie, frozen microwaveable food company could follow in anticipation of raising prices when selecting pricing strategies for making their products’ response to a change in price less elastic. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Examine the major effects that government policies have on production and employment. Predict the potential effects that government policies could have on your company.
- Determine whether or not government regulation to ensure fairness in the low-calorie, frozen microwavable food industry is needed. Cite the major reasons for government involvement in a market economy. Provide two (2) examples of government involvement in a similar market economy to support your response.
- Examine the major complexities that would arise under expansion via capital projects. Propose key actions that the company could take in order to prevent or address these complexities.
- Suggest the substantive manner in which the company could create a convergence between the interests of stockholders and managers. Indicate the most likely impact to profitability of such a convergence. Provide two (2) examples of instances that support your response.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource.