Write a minimum 750 word essay about a pair of items in which the similarities and differences of those items are compared and contrasted in the style.
Comparative Essay Topics Handout
- Cash vs. Credit
- Renting vs. Owning
- Online Education vs. Traditional Education
- Childhood vs. Adulthood
- Rural Living vs. Urban Living
Process: For the comparative essay, you will complete the following steps:
1. Choose a pair of topics that complement one another: See the suggested list of topics in the “Comparative Essay Topics Handout” below in the supplemental documents portion of these instructions.
2. Create a list of similarities and differences
3. Create a thesis statement based on similarities, differences, or both similarities and differences
4. Choose whether to organize your essay by point or by subject
5. Consult the “Comparative Essay”
Stylistic details: All essays must meet the following requirements:
Include 750-1000 words.
Write in Times New Roman, 12 pt. font.
Include 1” margins on all sides.
Include an APA cover page (for all essays) and reference list (if sources are used).
Adhere to APA convention and documentation style.
No sources are required. However, if sources are used while writing the paper, then those sources must be cited.